Are you writing out your New Year’s Resolution with your Love Addict brain or your recovery brain? Here’s the difference!
Love Addict’s Resolutions:
- Teach him to pay more attention to me.
- Show him how to be a better listener and friend
- Convince him to stay
- Help him love me and remain present in my life
- Change his “bad” qualities so that he loves me more
- Demand more affection
- Set an ultimatum on all his affairs
- Obsess more. The more I obsess, the stronger our relationship grows…
Recovering Love Addict’s Resolutions:
- Write out a list of my Values and learn what it means to stick to them
- Get better at putting up boundaries, and/or respecting those that are already in place
- Read a page of theLovelyAddict.com’s blog every day OR any reading material on love addiction
- Look in the mirror every day and find something beautiful. No matter what.
- Spend 10 minutes every day doing a soul searching activity–ask, “What am I trying to avoid by putting all my focus and energy into thinking of this relationship or this person?”
- Figure out what I love to do, without any special person in my life. Just me. Do not allow myself to say, “nothing.”
- Every time I get the urge to call, text, visit, stalk, or see the PoA, I will go to the LAA message boards and post and wait for someone to respond with a VALID reason I should make contact. If that doesn’t happen, I remain in NC.