Recovery is hard when we remain so mentally focused (obsessed) on our addiction. Take a break today! It will truly regenerate you.
Here are a few distractions/sentiments to help you stay happy and mentally free today:
40 Tips for a Better Life
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It
is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the
following statement, ‘My purpose is to __________ today.’
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer.
They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food
that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild
Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new
and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires,
issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade
away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like
a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their
journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In
five years, will this matter?’
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. GOD heals almost everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends
will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following
statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you
certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through
life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. Forgive yourself.
4 thoughts on “Regenerate yourself today”
Lovely! I am going through your blog posts one by one and is really giving me a relief. I’ve been following Lindsay’s blog (confessions of a love addict), and like you, she has put my feelings/ emotions in every word so easily it made me drift back to the past, go through it once again and step by step, letting it go.
Thanks, again! I’m surely gonna follow your blog from this time on.
So glad to hear that the blog helps! Keep reading. And thanks for the great perspective.
It’s a beautiful coincidence that I found your blog.. It’s a kind of self-help.. Thanks for the great words.!!
No problem! Glad to help!