If you haven’t already heard, I am attempting to write a book on love addiction. And so, I am currently reaching out to fellow love addicts (in recovery or not) and asking for their “childhood story.” It doesn’t have to be very long, in fact, the shorter the better (under 1000 words, please), and I am not looking for worst case scenarios either. I am looking for TRUE tales of childhood. So, whether you were abused and ignored as a child, or loved and well cared for, I would like to hear from you. I will be selecting about three of these stories for my book and you would have to agree to having your story published, of course. But I will only publish first name, last initial, and you are free to give me an alias in order to remain anonymous.
A few more tips:
- 1000 words or less
- Please do not include any full names, locations, addresses, or information. If you do, I will most likely omit them.
- Don’t be afraid to describe your caretakers, as well as your siblings, their jobs, behaviors, care-taking abilities, addictions, positives and negatives, etc.
- Tell me how you “felt” most of the time as a child. For example, were you afraid, happy, confused, spoiled, alone?
- Be as descriptive as possible, but know that I am not looking for in depth details of actual abuse.
- Finally, be as honest as possible. Your story, dramatic or mundane, might help someone someday.
You can post your story right here in a comment if you’d like to share with others (recommended), or you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline is April 1, 2015. THANKS SO MUCH!!!